I learned to write and review papers as a PhD student at UCSD, a postdoc at Salk Institute, and as a grant writer at City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center (see My Bio). At the bench I worked in neuronal development and gene expression, but I have extensive experience preparing grants and papers about cancer and chromatin remodeling, among many other topics.
- In 2020 clients requested help on manuscripts about Wnt signaling in colorectal cancer, lncRNA biochemistry, Covid accessory proteins, hematopoietic cancers, metabolomic studies, mouse models of heart failure/diabetes/cancer, histone demethylation, RNA methylation, and osteoclast activity (just to name a few)!
- Those papers were submitted to: PLOS One, Blood, Molecular Cell, Science, Cancer Cell, Experimental Dermatology, Journal of Clinical Investigation, FEBS Letters, Nature Communications, and Nature, among others.
- Clients asked for help on NIH grant proposals (R01, R03, R50, R21), SBIR projects, pitches to NSF, and LOIs to private funders including ACS and STOP Cancer, among others.
- I helped prepare promotion packages, job applications, meeting abstracts, and recommendation letters. Most significantly, I helped craft persuasive, concise and successful rebuttal letters to accompany resubmissions.
- Already on my February 2021 calendar is an R01 submission, a book chapter, and a SBIR resubmission.